Saturday, March 27, 2010


I make handmade greeting cards and am excited to share my enthusiasm for paper and design. Although I have been in the fine stationery business for over 20 years, card making is a new adventure for me. It started as a lark~I entered a contest on a forum to create a Christmas card~and won! I've been having fun ever since.

I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a name for my little card company. As I crossed out yet another impersonal idea, I could hear the ticking of the grandfather clock, which had been in my parent's home, and had just been delivered to me. It was originally given to my great, great grandfather Henry, who was a railroad man in Texas at the turn of the 20th century. The light bulb went off and laughter ensued.

I am grateful to my artistic and creative friend Lisa Holtzman for her help in getting this blog started.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Charlene, if this is your winning Christmas card, I can certainly see why...it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Charlene, I've been offline for a bit. I love that you have a blog. Here's to your joy and success in your creative venture.

    xxxdebs aka oraetlabora2008

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear charlene

    your new jane austen cards are beautiful

    i'm having them framed

    more more more alston

    ReplyDelete